Last Updated on 1 week by General
Annabella Sciorra Biography
Annabella Sciorra is an American actress. Her notable film roles include True Love (1989), Cadillac Man (1990), Jungle Fever (1991), The Hand That Rocks the Cradle (1992), The Addiction (1995), Cop Land (1997), and What Dreams May Come (1998).
Annabella was nominated for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series for playing Gloria Trillo on The Sopranos (2001–04).
Annabella Sciorra Age
Annabella was born on March 29, 1960 in Brooklyn, New York. She is 59 years old as of 2019.
Annabella Sciorra Family
Annabella was born in Brooklyn, New York. She is a daughter of a fashion stylist mother and a veterinarian father. Annabell’s parents are Italian. She studied dance as a child, and later took drama lessons at the Herbert Berghof Studio and the American Academy of Dramatic Arts.
Annabella Sciorra Husband
Annabella from 1989 to 1993 was married to actor Joe Petruzzi. She began a relationship with Bobby Cannavale in 2004. Their relationship lasted for three years. The couple split up in 2007.
Annabella levied allegations of sexual assault against the film producer Harvey Weinstein in October 2017. In an article published by The New Yorker, she alleged Weinstein raped her after he forced his way into her apartment in the 1990s.
Annabella Sciorra Harvey Weinstein
Harvey Weinstein a Former Hollywood producer pleaded not guilty to a new indictment Monday August 26, 2019, delaying his trial to January 2020. The new charges two counts of predatory sexual assault cover the same conduct over which Weinstein was previously charged and opens the door for another accuser to take the stand against him.
His trial on five felony charges was scheduled to begin in two weeks, stemming from allegations of sexual assault in 2006 and the rape of another woman in 2013. He was arrested in 2018 and released on $1 million bail. Harvey has denied all accusations.
The new indictment was intended to enable testimony from actress Annabella Sciorra, prosecutors said Monday.
Annabella the “The Sopranos” star accused Harvey of raping her at her Gramercy Park apartment during the 1993-1994 winter; New York’s statute of limitations barred the district attorney from charging Harvey over Annabella’s allegations, but prosecutors argued that her testimony could help demonstrate a pattern of behavior by Harvey — which is a necessary element for prosecutors to prove the predatory sexual assault charge.
Annabella Sciorra Movies
Movies From Year 2000 to 2016
- 2016 – Back In the Day as Mary
- 2015 – Stranger in the House/aka The Inherited as Mrs. Menabar
- 2015 – Alto as Sofia Del Vecchio
- 2014 – Don Peyote as Giulietta
- 2014 – Friends and Romans as Angela DeMaio
- 2013 – The Maid’s Room as Mrs. Crawford
- 2012 – A Green Story as Chloe
- 2006 – Find Me Guilty as Bella DiNorscio
- 2006 – Marvelous as Lara
- 2005 – 12 and Holding as Carla Chuang
- 2004 – Chasing Liberty as Cynthia Morales
- 2004 – American Crime as Jane Berger
- 2001 – Sunday as Betibù
- 2001 – Sam the Man as Cass
- 2000 – Above Suspicion as Lisa Stockton
- 2000 – King of the Jungle as Mermaid
- 2000 – Once in the Life as Maxine
Annabella Sciorra Movies From Year 1996 To 1998
- 1998 – New Rose Hotel as Madame Rosa
- 1998 – What Dreams May Come as Annie Collins-Nielsen
- 1997 – Highball as Molly
- 1997 – Little City as Nina
- 1997 – Destination Anywhere: The Film as Dorothy
- 1997 – Cop Land as Liz Randone
- 1997 – Mr. Jealousy as Ramona Ray
- 1996 – The Innocent Sleep as Billie Hayman
- 1996 – Underworld as Dr. Leah
- 1996 – The Funeral as Jean
Movies From Year 1989 To 1995
- 1995 – The Addiction as Casanova
- 1995 – The Cure as Linda
- 1993 – The Night We Never Met as Ellen Holder
- 1993 – Romeo Is Bleeding as Natalie Grimaldi
- 1993 – Mr. Wonderful as Leonora
- 1992 – The Hand That Rocks the Cradle as Claire Bartel
- 1992 – Whispers in the Dark as Ann Hecker
- 1991 – The Hard Way as Susan
- 1991 – Jungle Fever as Angie Tucci
- 1990 – Internal Affairs as Heather Peck
- 1990 – Cadillac Man as Donna
- 1990 – Reversal of Fortune as Sarah
- 1989 – True Love as Donna
Annabella Sciorra Tv Shows
TV Shows From Year 2012 To 2018
- 2018 – Daredevil as Rosalie Carbone
- 2018 – Luke Cage as Rosalie Carbone
- 2018 – GLOW as Rosalie Biagi
- 2017 – Bull as ADA Shelly Giordano
- 2014 – Taxi Brooklyn as Jeanette Vandercroix
- 2014 – Wishin’ and Hopin’ as Ma
- 2013 – CSI: Crime Scene Investigation as Nancy Brass
- 2013 – Blue Bloods as Grace Meherin
- 2012 – The Good Wife as Lesli Rand
Tv Shows From Year 1988 To 2010
- 2010 – The Whole Truth as Madeline Landon
- 2009 – Mental as Nora Skoff
- 2007 – ER as Diana Moore
- 2007 – The L Word as Kate Arden
- 2005–2006 – Law & Order: Criminal Intent as Det. Carolyn Barek
- 2005 – Law & Order: Trial by Jury as Maggie Dettweiler
- 2004 – The Madam’s Family: The Truth About the Canal Street Brothel as Jeanette Maier
- 2004 – Identity Theft: The Michelle Brown Story as Connie Volkos
- 2003 – Queens Supreme as Judge Kim Vicidomini
- 2001–2004 – The Sopranos as Gloria Trillo
- 2001 – Jenifer as Meredith Estess
- 2001 – Touched by an Angel as Sarah Conover
- 1997 – Asteroid as Lily McKee
- 1995 – Favorite Deadly Sins as Brenda
- 1991 – Prison Stories: Women on the Inside as Nicole
- 1988 – The Fortunate Pilgrim as Octavia
Actress Annabella Sciorra | Annabella Sciorra Career
Annabella made her feature film debut with a starring role in the 1989 comedy, True Love. Following the role she was praised by critics, with Janet Maslin of The New York Times commenting: “Ms. Sciorra, with her gentle beauty and her hard-as-nails negotiating style, perfectly captures the mood of the film, and makes Donna fully and touchingly drawn”. Her performance earned her a nomination for the Independent Spirit Award for Best Female Lead.
More film roles came next, including the Richard Gere thriller Internal Affairs, the Robin Williams comedy Cadillac Man, and the acclaimed drama Reversal of Fortune (all 1990). The latter received three Academy Award nominations.
Annabella in 1991 she earned widespread attention for her co-lead role in Spike Lee’s film, Jungle Fever, opposite Wesley Snipes. Kenneth Turan in his review for The Los Angeles Times, he wrote that Sciorra was “possessed of considerable presence, assurance and vulnerability”. Annabella then starred alongside Rebecca DeMornay in Curtis Hanson’s 1992 thriller, The Hand That Rocks The Cradle, which held the #1 position at the North American box office for four consecutive weeks.
She went on to work steadily throughout the 1990s. Her parts in film included The Night We Never Met, with Matthew Broderick; Romeo is Bleeding, with Gary Oldman; Mr. Wonderful, with Matt Dillon (all 1993); The Addiction, with Christopher Walken (1994); Cop Land, with Sylvester Stallone (1997); and What Dreams May Come (1998), in which she co-starred for a second time with Robin Williams.
She received a nomination for the Primetime Emmy Award in 2001, for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series for her portrayal of Gloria Trillo on the HBO series The Sopranos. Entertainment Weekly reffered it as “a career changing performance”.
Annabella co-starred with Vin Diesel in Find Me Guilty in 2006. It was directed by Sidney Lumet. It was based on the true story of the longest Mafia trial in American history, was described as “gripping” by Stephen Holden of The New York Times, who also called Sciorra’s performance “excellent”.
Afterwards credits include the CBS series Queens Supreme (2003); a recurring role as Det. Carolyn Barek on Law & Order: Criminal Intent (2005–06); the FOX series Mental (2009); and guest appearances on The L Word, ER, The Good Wife, and CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
She starred as Rosalie Carbone on the second season of Luke Cage in 2018 . Cheo Hodari Coker ,Of Sciorra’s casting, executive producer stated: “I’ve been a huge fan of hers since Jungle Fever, and [she’s] no joke as Rosalie Carbone. You haven’t seen her this gangster since […] The Sopranos. I’m thrilled her introduction to the Marvel Universe will be on Marvel’s Luke Cage”. Later that year, Annabella repeated the role of Carbone on the third season of Daredevil.
Annabella Sciorra Net Worth
Annabella has an estimated net worth of US $6 Million .
Annabella Sciorra Hot | Annabella Sciorra Feet
Annabella Sciorra Sopranos
Annabella received a nomination for the Primetime Emmy Award in 2001 for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series for her portrayal of Gloria Trillo on the HBO series The Sopranos. Entertainment Weekly called it “a career changing performance”.
Annabella Sciorra Jungle Fever
In 1991 Annabella earned widespread attention for her co-lead role in Spike Lee’s film, Jungle Fever, opposite Wesley Snipes. Kenneth Turan in his review for The Los Angeles Times, he wrote that Annabella was “possessed of considerable presence, assurance and vulnerability”