Last Updated on 2 months by General
Jack Nicholson Biography
Jack Nicholson born John Joseph Nicholson is an American actor and film-maker. He has performed for over sixty years. He is best known for playing a wide range of starring or supporting roles, including satirical comedy, romance, and dark portrayals of anti-heroes and villainous characters. In many of his films, he has played the “eternal outsider, the sardonic drifter”, someone who rebels against the social structure.
Jack’s most known and greatly celebrated films include the dramas Five Easy Pieces (1970) and One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest (1975); The road drama Easy Rider (1969); the comedy-dramas The Last Detail (1973), Terms of Endearment (1983), As Good as It Gets (1997), About Schmidt (2002), and The Bucket List (2007); the neo-noir mystery Chinatown (1974); the horror film The Shining (1980); the biopic Reds (1981); the fantasy comedy The Witches of Eastwick (1987); the superhero film Batman (1989) as the Joker; the legal drama A Few Good Men (1992); the romantic horror film Wolf (1994); the science fiction comedy Mars Attacks! (1996); the comedy Anger Management (2003); the romantic comedy Something’s Gotta Give (2003); and the crime drama The Departed (2006).
Since 2010 when he acted How Do You Know Jack has not acted in any other film. However he does not consider himself to be retired. In 1990 he directed three films, including The Two Jakes (1990), the sequel to Chinatown.
Jack has earned himself 12 Academy Award nominations which makes him the most nominated male actor in the Academy’s history. He has won the Academy Award for Best Actor twice – one for the drama One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest (1975), and the other for the romantic comedy As Good as It Gets (1997).
Jack also won several Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for the comedy-drama Terms of Endearment (1983). He is one of three male actors to win three Academy Awards. Jack happens to be one of only two actors to be nominated for an Academy Award for acting in every decade from the 1960s to the 2000s; the other is Michael Caine. He also won six Golden Globe Awards, and in 2001 he received the Kennedy Center Honor. He became one of the youngest actors to be awarded the American Film Institute’s Life Achievement Award in 1994, at 57.
Jack Nicholson Age | How Old Is Jack Nicholson
Jack was born on April 22, 1937 in Neptune City, New Jersey. He is 82 years old as of 2019.
Jack Nicholson House | Jack Nicholson Home | Jack Nicholson BeardJack Nicholson photos
Jack Nicholson Height | How Tall Is Jack Nicholson
Jack stands at a height of 1.77 m.
Jack Nicholson Family | Jack Nicholson Parents | Jack Nicholson Young
Jack was born in Neptune City, New Jersey. He is the son of a showgirl, June Frances Nicholson (stage name June Nilson). His mother was of Irish, English, and German descent. In 1936 she married Italian-American showman Donald Furcillo (stage name Donald Rose), before realizing that he was already married.
Nick was spent part of his childhood in Neptune City, New Jersey. He was brought up in his mother’s Roman Catholic religion. His family moved to an apartment in Spring Lake, New Jersey before he started high school. When he was ready for high school, the family moved once again this time two miles (three kilometres) farther south to old-money Spring Lake, New Jersey’s so-called Irish Riviera, where Ethel May set up her beauty parlor in a rambling duplex at 505 Mercer Avenue
Patrick McGilligan Biographer stated in his book Jack’s Life that Latvian-born Eddie King (originally Edgar A. Kirschfeld), June’s manager, may have been Nicholson’s biological father, rather than Furcillo. Other sources suggest June Nicholson was unsure of who the father was. As June was only seventeen years old and unmarried, her parents[note 1] agreed to raise Nicholson as their own child without revealing his true parentage, and June would act as his sister.
Jack Nicholson Sister | Jack Nicholson Mother
Time magazine researchers learned, and informed Nicholson in 1974, that his “sister”, June, was actually his mother, and his other “sister”, Lorraine, was really his aunt. By this time, both his mother and grandmother had died (in 1963 and 1970, respectively). On finding out, Nicholson said it was “a pretty dramatic event, but it wasn’t what I’d call traumatizing … I was pretty well psychologically formed”.
Jack Nicholson Education
Jack who was known as “Nick”,by his high school friends he went to a nearby Manasquan High School, where he was voted “Class Clown” by the Class of 1954. Jack was in detention every day for a whole school year. A theatre and a drama award at the school are named in his honor. Jack attended his 50-year high school reunion accompanied by his aunt Lorraine in 2004 .
Jack Nicholson Wife | Jack Nicholson Married
From June 17, 1962 to August 8, 1968; Jack had been married to Sandra Knight which is his only marriage. The couple had been separated for two years prior to the divorce. They had one daughter together, Jennifer (born September 16, 1963).
Jack Nicholson Kids | Jack Nicholson Daughter
Jack has three kids. From his marriage with Sandra he has one daughter Jennifer (born September 16, 1963). Jack from his relationship with actress Rebecca had two children daughter Lorraine (born April 16, 1990), and son Raymond (born February 20, 1992). From Susan’s claim Jack has a son Caleb Goddard who was born on September 26, 1970.
Jack has stated that children “give your life a resonance that it can’t have without them … As a father, I’m there all the time. I give unconditional love.” However, he has also lamented that he “didn’t see enough of my eldest daughter because I was trying to make a career”.
Jack Nicholson Son
Actress Susan Anspach claimed that her son, Caleb Goddard who was born on September 26, 1970, was fathered by Nicholson. Jack stated in 1984, that he was not convinced he is Caleb’s father; however, in 1996, Caleb stated that Jack had acknowledged him as his son. At some point between 1988 and 1994, Jack provided financial assistance to put Caleb through college, and Anspach’s New York Times obituary referred to Caleb as “her son, whose father is Jack Nicholson”.
Jack Nicholson Girlfriend | Jack Nicholson Women
Jack had an on-again, off-again relationship with actress Anjelica Huston between April 1973 and January 1990 that included periods of overlap with other women, including Danish model Winnie Hollman, by whom he fathered a daughter, Honey Hollman (born 1981).
Jack had a relationship with actress Rebecca Broussard from 1989 to 1994 . They had two children together: daughter Lorraine (born April 16, 1990), and son Raymond (born February 20, 1992).
From 1999 to 2000 which is almost an year, Nicholson dated actress Lara Flynn Boyle; they later reunited, before splitting permanently in 2004.
Jack Nicholson Died | When Did Jack Nicholson Die
Jack is still healthy and alive.
Jack Nicholson Films | Jack Nicholson Movies
Films From Year 1958 to 1969
- 1958 – The Cry Baby Killer as Jimmy Wallace
- 1960 – Too Soon to Love as Buddy
- 1960 – The Wild Ride as Johnny Varron
- 1960 – The Little Shop of Horrors as Wilbur Force
- 1960 – Studs Lonigan as Weary Reilly
- 1962 – The Broken Land as Will Brocious
- 1963 – The Raven as Rexford Bedlo
- 1963 – The Terror as Andre Duvalier
- 1963 – Thunder Island
- 1964 – Flight to Fury as Jay Wickham
- 1964 – Back Door to Hell as Burnett
- 1964 – Ensign Pulver as Dolan
- 1967 – The St. Valentine’s Day Massacre as Gino, Hit Man
- 1967 – Hells Angels on Wheels as Poet
- 1967 – The Trip
- 1968 – Psych-Out as Stoney
- 1968 – Head as Movie Director in Restaurant
- 1969 – Easy Rider as George Hanson
Films From Year 1970 to 1978
- 1970 – On a Clear Day You Can See Forever as Tad Pringle
- 1970 – The Rebel Rousers as Bunny
- 1970 – Five Easy Pieces as Robert Eroica Dupea
- 1971 – Carnal Knowledge as Jonathan Fuerst
- 1971 – A Safe Place as Mitch
- 1971 – Drive, He Said – Himself
- 1972 – King of Marvin Gardens as David Staebler
- 1973 – The Last Detail as Signalman 1st Class Billy L. “Badass” Buddusky
- 1974 – Chinatown as J. J. “Jake” Gittes
- 1975 – The Passenger as David Locke
- 1975 – The Fortune as Oscar Sullivan
- 1975 – One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest as Randle Patrick “Mac” McMurphy
- 1975 – Tommy as The Specialist
- 1976 – The Missouri Breaks as Tom Logan
- 1976 – The Last Tycoon as Brimmer
- 1978 – Goin’ South as Henry Lloyd Moon
Films From Year 1980 to 1989
- 1980 – The Shining as Jack Torrance
- 1981 – The Postman Always Rings Twice as Frank Chambers
- 1981 – Reds as Eugene O’Neill
- 1982 – The Border as Charlie Smith
- 1983 – Terms of Endearment as Garrett Breedlove
- 1985 – Prizzi’s Honor as Charley Partanna
- 1986 – Heartburn as Mark Forman
- 1987 – The Witches of Eastwick as Daryl Van Horne
- 1987 – Broadcast News as Bill Rorich
- 1987 – Ironweed as Francis Phelan
- 1989 – Batman as Jack Napier / The Joker
Films From Year 1990 to 1997
- 1990 – The Two Jakes as J. J. “Jake” Gittes
- 1992 – Man Trouble as Eugene Earl Axline / Harry Bliss
- 1992 – A Few Good Men as Colonel Nathan R. Jessup
- 1992 – Hoffa as James R. “Jimmy” Hoffa
- 1994 – Wolf as Will Randall
- 1995 – The Crossing Guard as Freddy Gale
- 1996 – Blood and Wine as Alex Gates
- 1996 – The Evening Star as Garrett Breedlove
- 1996 -Mars Attacks! as President James Dale / Art Land
- 1997 – As Good as It Gets as Melvin Udall
Films From Year 2001 to 2010
- 2001 – The Pledge as Jerry Black
- 2002 – About Schmidt as Warren R. Schmidt
- 2003 – Anger Management as Dr. Buddy Rydel
- 2003 – Something’s Gotta Give as Harry Sanborn
- 2006 – The Departed as Francis “Frank” Costello
- 2007 – The Bucket List as Edward Cole
- 2010 – How Do You Know as Charles Madison
Jack Nicholson Best Movies
- Over Flew over the Cuckoo’s Nest- 1975
- The Shining – 1980
- As Good as It Gets – 1997
- Chinatown – 1974
- Easy Rider – 1969
Jack Nicholson Lakers | Jack Nicholson Lakers Game
Jack took his usual seat courtside at the Lakers game on Wednesday November 7, 2018 alongside his son Ray Nicholson. He was wearing all black. Jack watched his favorite basketball team closely while Ray followed along wearing a beige jacket. The Lakers defeated the Minnesota Timberwolves, likely making the longtime fan happy.
Jack is rarely seen at public events; he was last spotted at the Lakers’ season opening game with LeBron James making his debut for the Los Angeles team. His son Ray also joined his dad during that outing.
Jack Nicholson Net Worth
Jack has an estimated net worth of $400 million.
Jack Nicholson Comedy Movies
- As Good as It Gets – 1997
- About Schmidt – 2002
- Terms Endearment – 1983
- Easy Rider – 1969
- Something Gottta Give – 2003
Jack Nicholson Recent Movies
- How Do You Know – 2010
- The Bucket List – 2007
- The Departed – 2006
- Something’s Gotta Give – 2003
- Anger Management- 2003
Jack Nicholson Upcoming Movies | Jack Nicholson Retired
There are no upcoming movies since Jack from his last movie in 2010 he has been quite though he has not retired.
Jack Nicholson Oscars
Jack ‘s acting career spans over sixty years. He has won three Academy Awards, and with twelve nominations, he is the most nominated male actor in the Academy’s history.
Jack Nicholson Quotes
- There’s only two people in your life you should lie to… the police and your girlfriend.
- My motto is: more good times.
- Beer, it’s the best damn drink in the world.
- I’m an actor who they said was wrinkled and balding and everything else when I was in my early 30’s. Most of the people who wrote that who thought they were younger than me are now bald and wrinkled.
- I don’t think many people have a very good understanding of leisure and the importance it plays in our lives.
- One of my school friends’ parents owned a minigolf course, and a bunch of us kids would play there all day in the summer. Two-under deuces was a good score.
- A lot of people can’t remember things because they weren’t actually there to begin with – they don’t take it all in.
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/jack_nicholson
Jack Nicholson Politics
Jack described himself as a “life-long Irish Democrat”. Despite that he is personally against abortion, he is pro-choice. He has stated that, “I’m pro-choice, but against abortion because I’m an illegitimate child myself, and it would be hypocritical to take any other position. I’d be dead. I wouldn’t exist.” He has also said that he has “nothing but total admiration, gratitude, and respect for the strength of the women who made the decision they made in my individual case”.
Batman Jack Nicholson
Batman is a superhero film directed by Tim Burton and produced by Jon Peters and Peter Guber. It is based on the DC Comics character of the same name. The film is the first installment of Warner Bros.’ initial Batman film series.
It stars Jack Nicholson as the Joker ,Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne/Batman and , alongside Kim Basinger, Robert Wuhl, Pat Hingle, Billy Dee Williams, Michael Gough and Jack Palance. It takes place early in the title character’s war on crime, and depicts a battle with his nemesis the Joker.
Jack Nicholson Chinatown
Chinatown is a neo-noir mystery film, directed by Roman Polanski from a screenplay by Robert Towne. It stars Jack Nicholson alongside Faye Dunaway. It was inspired by the California Water Wars, a series of disputes over southern California water at the beginning of the 20th century, by which Los Angeles interests secured water rights in the Owens Valley.
The Robert Evans production, a Paramount Pictures release, was the director’s last film in the United States and features many elements of film noir, particularly a multi-layered story that is part mystery and part psychological drama.
Jack Nicholson The Departed
The Departed is a crime drama film directed by Martin Scorsese and written by William Monahan. The film is a remake of the 2002 Hong Kong film Infernal Affairs. It stars Jack Nicholson, Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, and Mark Wahlberg, with Martin Sheen, Ray Winstone, Vera Farmiga, Anthony Anderson and Alec Baldwin in supporting roles.
Jack Nicholson Shining
The Shining is an horror film produced and directed by Stanley Kubricki. It is co-written with novelist Diane Johnson. It is based on Stephen King’s 1977 novel of the same name.
The film is about Jack Torrance (Jack Nicholson), an aspiring writer and recovering alcoholic, who accepts a position as the off-season caretaker of the isolated historic Overlook Hotel in the Colorado Rockies
Jack Nicholson Dementia |Is Jack Nicholson Sick
Jack has no Dementia though some sources says that Jack retired from acting due to memory loss. A source says that there is a simple reason behind his decision of retiring it’s memory loss,” a source told Radar. “Quite frankly, at 76, Jack has memory issues and can no longer remember the lines being asked of him.
Jack Nicholson Jack In The Box |Jack Nicholson Soundboard
Jack Nicholson Devil
The Witches of Eastwick is a 1987 American comedy-dark fantasy film based on John Updike’s novel The Witches of Eastwick (1984). Directed by George Miller, the film stars Jack Nicholson as Daryl Van Horne, alongside Cher, Michelle Pfeiffer and Susan Sarandon as the eponymous witches.
Tom Cruise Jack Nicholson Movie
Jack Nicholson About Schmidt
About Schmidt is comedy-drama film written and directed by Alexander Payne It was produced by Michael Besman, Harry Gittes and Rachael Horovitz. The film was co-written by Jim Taylor with music by Rolfe Kent. It stars Jack Nicholson in the title role. It also stars Hope Davis, Dermot Mulroney and Kathy Bates. The film is very loosely based on the 1996 novel of the same title by Louis Begley. About Schmidt was theatrically released on December 13, 2002 by New Line Cinema.
It was both a commercial and a critical success and it grossed $105,834,556 on a $30 million budget. The film was released on DVD and VHS formats. On February 3, 2015 it was released on Blu-ray for the first time .