Last Updated on 2 months by General
Joe Pesci Biography
Joe Pesci born Joseph Frank Pesci is an American actor, comedian and singer. He is well known for portraying tough, volatile characters, in a variety of genres. Joe is also known for his roles as Vincent Gambini in My Cousin Vinny (1992), Harry Lyme in Home Alone and Home Alone 2: Lost in New York.
He has also appeared in the Lethal Weapon franchise, as Leo Getz and also co-starred with Robert De Niro in the Martin Scorsese films Raging Bull (1980), Goodfellas (1990), and Casino (1995).
For his role as the psychopathic gangster Tommy DeVito (based on Thomas DeSimone) in Goodfellas he won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor. He had been previously nominated for the same award for his role as Joey LaMotta in Raging Bull.
Joe is also a comedian. He has starred in a number of other high-profile films, including Easy Money (1983), Once Upon a Time in America (1984), Moonwalker (1988), JFK (1991), and A Bronx Tale (1993).
In 1999, he announced his retirement from acting. Since then Joe has appeared only occasionally in films, including a cameo appearance in the 2006 spy thriller The Good Shepherd, directed by De Niro, and in the biographical crime film The Irishman. Joe is also known for his studio album Vincent LaGuardia Gambini Sings Just for You.
Joe Pesci Age | How Old Is Joe Pesci
Joe was born on February 9, 1943 in Newwark, New Jersey. He is 76 years old as of 2019.
How Tall Is Joe Pesci |Joe Pesci Height
Joe stands at a height of 1.63 m.
Joe Pesci Family | Joe Pesci Young
Joe was born in Newark, New Jersey. He is the son to Maria Mesce who worked part-time as a barber, and Angelo Pesci who was a forklift driver for General Motors with Torinese origins and a bartender. Joe is of Italian descent and was raised in Belleville, New Jersey. He went to Belleville High School. At five years old Joe was appearing in plays in New York. When he was at age of 10, he was a regular on a television variety show called Startime Kids, which also featured Connie Francis.
When he was a teenager, Joe was friends with singers Frankie Valli (who was nine years his senior) and Tommy DeVito (who was 15 years his senior). In 1959, at age 16, he helped introduce them to singer and songwriter Bob Gaudio, which led to the formation of the band the Four Seasons.
Joe Pesci Wife | Joe Pesci Divorce
Joe is not married as of 2019. Joe has been married and divorced twice. In 1964 that when he married an unknown woman when he was 21 years old. His second was from 1988 to 1992, to Claudia Haro, a model and actress with whom he has a daughter named Tiffany. Joe was engaged to Angie Everhart in 2007, but the couple broke up in 2008.Joe Pesci photos
Joe Pesci Daughter | Joe Pesci Tiffany Pesci
He has a daughter named Tiffany.
Joe Pesci Goodfellas
Joe reunited with Scorsese and De Niro in 1990 for Goodfellas. He played mobster Tommy DeVito, based on real-life mobster Thomas DeSimone. Tommy DeVito is also the name of Joe’s old acquaintance from Belleville, New Jersey, and a member of The Four Seasons, but contrary to popular belief, the naming is coincidental. Frank Vincent an old friend also appears in the film.
Joe’s character kills Vincent’s character in a rage in one of the best-remembered scenes in the film after the Vincent character contemptuously tells him to “go home and get your [shoe] shine box.” Joe won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for the role, which he accepted with one of the shortest speeches in Oscar history, saying simply, “It’s my privilege. Thank you” before leaving the stage.
Joe Pesci Now | What Happened To Joe Pesci | Joe Pesci Today
Joe announced his retirement from acting in 1999 this is because he wanted to pursue a musical career and to enjoy life away from the camera.
In 2006 Joe returned to acting when he did a cameo in De Niro’s 2006 film The Good Shepherd. He also starred in the brothel drama Love Ranch in 2010, alongside Helen Mirren.
Joe appeared with Don Rickles in a 2011 Snickers advertisement in 2011. He portrays the angry alter ego of a young man who attends a party and becomes agitated by two women until he is calmed down by eating a Snickers bar.
In 2016 Joe appeared in the 2016 music documentary Jimmy Scott: I Go Back Home. He is filmed recording “The Folks Who Live on the Hill” from Scott’s forthcoming posthumous album I Go Back Home.
Joe was confirmed to be starring in The Irishman in 2017, with long time collaborators Robert De Niro and Martin Scorsese. The film is planned for release in 2019 and will be distributed by Netflix.
Joe Pesci Casino
Joe had his third collaboration with Scorsese and De Niro in the film Casino, playing Nicky Santoro in 1995. It was based on real-life Mob enforcer Anthony Spilotro, along with Sharon Stone and James Woods
Joe Pesci Net Worth | How Much Is Joe Pesci Worth
Joe has an estimated net worth of $50 million.
Joe Pesci Movies | Joe Pesci Films |Joe Pesci Filmography
Movies From Year 1991 To 2019
- 2019 – The Irishman as Russell Bufalino
- 2015 – A Warrior’s Tail as Mosquito
- 2010 – Love Ranch as Charlie Bontempo
- 2006 – The Good Shepherd as Joseph Palmi
- 1998 – Lethal Weapon 4 as Leo Getz
- 1997 – 8 Heads in a Duffel Bag as Tommy Spinelli
- 1997 – Gone Fishin’ as Joe Waters
- 1995 – Casino as Nicky Santoro
- 1994 – Jimmy Hollywood as Jimmy Alto
- 1994 – With Honors as Simon Wilder
- 1993 – A Bronx Tale as Carmine
- 1992 – My Cousin Vinny as Vincent LaGuardia Gambini
- 1992 – Lethal Weapon 3 as Leo Getz
- 1992 – The Public Eye as Leon Bernstein
- 1992 – Home Alone 2: Lost in New York as Harry Lyme
- 1991 – The Super as Louie Kritski
- 1991 – JFK as David Ferrie
Movies From Year 1961 To 1990
- 1990 – Catchfire as Leo Carelli
- 1990 – Betsy’s Wedding as Oscar Henner
- 1990 – Goodfellas as Tommy DeVito
- 1990 – Home Alone as Harry Lyme
- 1989 – Lethal Weapon 2 as Leo Getz
- 1988 – Moonwalker as Frankie Lideo
- 1988 – The Legendary Life of Ernest Hemingway as John Dos Passos
- 1987 – Man on Fire as David Coolidge
- 1984 – Once Upon a Time in America as Frankie Minaldi
- 1984 – Everybody in Jail as Corrado Parisi
- 1983 – Eureka as Mayakofsky
- 1983 – Easy Money as Nicky Cerone
- 1982 – I’m Dancing as Fast as I Can as Roger
- 1982 – Dear Mr. Wonderful as Ruby Dennis
- 1980 – Raging Bull as Joey LaMotta
- 1976 – The Death Collector as Joe Salvino
- 1961 – Hey, Let’s Twist! as Dancer at the Peppermint Lounge, NYC,
Joe Pesci Best Movies
- Goodfellas – 1990
- Casino – 1995
- Raging Bull – 1980
- My Cousin Vinny – 1992
- Home Alone – 1990
- Once Upon a Time in America – 1984
- JFK – 1991
- Lethal Weapon 2 – 1989
- A Bronx Tale – 1993
- Home Lone 2 Lost in New York – 1992
- The Good Shepherd – 2006
Joe Pesci Oscar
Joe won the Best Supporting Actor Oscar in 1990.
Joe Pesci Snickers
Joe portrays an irritable hothead in this latest Snickers spot from BBDO New York, continuing the “You’re not you when you’re hungry” theme.
Joe Pesci Dead
Joe is still Alive.
Joe Pesci Rap | Joe Pesci Album | Joe Pesci Rap Album | Joe Pesci Wise Guy
Joe released his second album, and his first in 30 years, Vincent LaGuardia Gambini Sings Just for You in 1998. It was was named after his character from the 1992 film My Cousin Vinny. It was both humorous and serious, exploring a variety of genres, though most of it was big band jazz.
It spawned the single “Wise Guy,” a rap number that played on the gangsta theme by making reference to Mafia gangsterism. “Wise Guy” interpolated the 1980 hit “Rapture” by Blondie, and was co-written and produced by the hip-hop production team the Trackmasters.
The Super Joe Pesci
Joe starred in a 1991 film The Super as a New York City slum landlord sentenced to live in one of his own buildings until it is brought up to code . This is a comedy film directed by Rod Daniel. Nora Ephron is screenwriter, he co-scripted the story with Sam Simon. This is the last film in which Vincent Gardenia appeared.
Joe Pesci The Irishman | Joe Pesci New Movie
Joe was confirmed to be starring in The Irishman in 2017,with long time collaborators Robert De Niro and Martin Scorsese. The film is planned for release in 2019 and will be distributed by Netflix. It is a biographical crime film directed by Martin Scorsese and written by Steven Zaillian, based on the book I Heard You Paint Houses by Charles Brandt.
Joe Pesci Music | Joe Pesci Songs
- Wise Guy
- Yo Cousin Vinny
- If It Doesn’t Snow on Christmas
- Take Your Love and Shove It
- What a Wonderful World
- I’ve Got News for You
- Old Man Time
- How Do You Like Me So Far
- Robbie Hood
- He’ll Have to Go
- If It Doesn’t Snow for Christmas
- Got to Get You Into My Life
- I Can’t Give You Anything but Love
- Can You Fix the Way I Talk for Christmas?
Joe Pesci Quotes
- I’m just some lunatic macaroni mushroom, is that it?
- My father loved me so much that he did not want me to be a laborer or anything. I don’t know if it’s the right thing to do – push your kids into something and then stay on them until they do it. Let them pick what they want to do.
- I’ve been married three times, but I’ll never forget my first trip as a young man, on my honeymoon, with my new wife.
- I love to star in movies, but I want to have good roles. It doesn’t help to get starring roles in something that’s no good. I mean, that will just kill you.
- I dyed my hair blonde in that movie, so my head doesn’t match my grill.
- I dyed my hair blonde in that movie, so my head doesn’t match my grill.
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/joe_pesci
Interviewed Joe Pesci Interview With Empire
Joe doesn’t do interviews. Other than a short exchange with Empire for The Irishman, and a three-minute on-camera chat with ‘Big’ Joe Henry, shot on a golf course, in which he asked Henry not to talk about the film, he’s kept entirely schtum in 2019, even shutting down the sole question to him at the New York Film Festival with the word, “No.” However, back in 2012, he agreed to speak to Empire as part of a celebration of the Lethal Weapon series
Robert De Niro And Joe Pesci Movies
Robert DeNiro and Joe have acted in 6 movies together. The two always gave a remarkable performances.
- Raging Bull
- Once Upon a Time in America
- A Bronx Tale
- The Good Shepherd