Last Updated on 6 days by General
Peter Dinklage Biography
Peter Dinklage is an American actor and film producer. His breakthrough came with the comedy-drama The Station Agent (2003). He studied acting at Bennington College. Peter has starred in a number of amateur stage productions.
His film debut was in Living in Oblivion (1995). Since then he has appeared in several films, they include Elf (2003), Find Me Guilty (2006), Underdog (2007), Penelope (2008), Death at a Funeral (2007), The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (2008), X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014) and Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017), which earned him his first Screen Actors Guild Award.
He appeared as Eitri in the Marvel Cinematic Universe film Avengers: Infinity War and Hervé Villechaize in the biopic film My Dinner with Hervé in 2018.
Since 2009 when he shoot the pilot episode Peter has portrayed Tyrion Lannister on the HBO television series Game of Thrones, for which he won three Primetime Emmys from seven consecutive nominations. In 2012 he also received a Golden Globe for the role in 2012.
Peter Dinklage Age
Peter Dinklage was born on June 11, 1969, in Morristown, New Jersey. He is 54 years old as of September 2023.
How Tall Is Peter Dinklage | Peter Dinklage Height
It is obvious that the star is not quite on the tall side, but he is living proof that height is not exactly part of the recipe for excitement, fulfillment or success. He is 4 feet 5 inches (135 cm) tall, with a normal-sized head and torso but short limbs
Peter Dinklage Family | Peter Dinklage Parents | Peter Dinklage Siblings | Peter Dinklage Brother
Peter Dinklage was bornin Morristown, New Jersey. He is the son of John Carl Dinklage, an insurance salesman, and Diane Dinklage, an elementary-school music teacher. Peter was born with achondroplasia, a common form of dwarfism. He grew up in Brookside, New Jersey, as the only dwarf in his family with his parents and older brother, Jonathan. Peter is of German and Irish descent. During his childhood Peter and his brother performed puppet musicals for people in their neighborhood. He has described his brother, who is a violinist, as being the “real performer of the family,” saying that his brother’s passion for the violin was the only thing that kept him from pursuing acting.
Peter Dinklage High School
Peter went to Delbarton School, a Catholic preparatory school for boys, where he developed his acting. He was inspired by a production of the play True West, written by American playwright Sam Shepard in 1984 , to pursue a career in acting.
He then went to Bennington College, where he studied for a drama degree and also appeared in numerous productions before graduating in 1991. After that he moved to New York City with his friend Ian Bell to build a theater company. They failed to pay the rent and moved out of their apartment. Peter then worked at a data processing company for six years before pursuing a career as a full-time actor.
Peter Dinklage Wife| Peter Dinklage Children | Is Peter Dinklage Married | Peter Dinklage Spouse | Peter Dinklage Girlfriend | Peter Dinklage Daughter | Peter Dinklage Erica Schmidt
Peter married Erica Schmidt, a theater director in 2005. The couple has a daughter born in 2011 whose her name, has not been revealed publicly, and Peter as denied media reports that the girl’s name is “Zelig.” In 2017 the couple had a second child. They never revealed the name or sex of this second child.
Peter’s wife Erica Schmidt is super successful in show business. She has made a career in work behind the camera unlike her Emmy-winning actor husband.
Peter Dinklage photos
Peter Dinklage Death | Did Peter Dinklage Die
Peter is still alive. His face was injured in the early 1990s, when he was in a “punk-funk-rap” band called Whizzy. It gave him a scar that runs from his neck to his eyebrow. The accident happened while he was playing at the nightclub CBGB in New York City, where he was accidentally kneed in the face and then started bleeding on the stage.
Peter Dinklage Dwarf
Peter has a form of dwarfism, achondroplasia, which affects bone growth. As a result, he is 4 feet 5 inches (135 cm) tall, with a normal-sized head and torso but short limbs. While Peter has come to accept his condition, he sometimes found it challenging when growing up. He said in 2003, that when he was younger he was often angry and bitter about his condition, but as he got older, he realized that he “just ha[s] to have a sense of humor,” to know “that it’s not your problem. It’s theirs.”
In 2012 when asked whether he saw himself as “a spokesman for the rights of little people,” he responded: “I don’t know what I would say. Everyone’s different. Every person my size has a different life, a different history. Different ways of dealing with it. Just because I’m seemingly okay with it, I can’t preach how to be okay with it.” Peter has been viewed as a role model for people sharing his condition.
Peter Dinklage Movies | Peter Dinklage Films
Movies From Year 2011 To 2020
- 2020 – The Croods 2 Films that have not yet been released as
- 2019 – The Angry Birds Movie 2 Films that have not yet been released as Mighty Eagle
- 2018 – I Think We’re Alone Now as Del
- 2018 – Avengers: Infinity War as Eitri
- 2017 – Rememory as Sam Bloom
- 2017 – La Vida Nuestra as Chad Johnson
- 2017 – Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri as James
- 2017 – Three Christs as Joseph
- 2016 – The Boss as Renault
- 2016 – The Angry Birds Movie as Mighty Eagle
- 2015 – Taxi – Marc as Kerstin Ahlrichs
- 2015 – Pixels as Eddy Plant
- 2014 – Low Down as Alain
- 2014 – X-Men: Days of Future Past as Bolivar Trask
- 2014 – The Angriest Man in Brooklyn as Aaron Altmann
- 2013 – A Case of You as Gerard
- 2013 – Knights of Badassdom as Hung
- 2012 – Ice Age: Continental Drift as Captain Gutt
- 2011 – A Little Bit of Heaven as Vinnie
Movies From Year 1995 To 2010
- 2010 – Death at a Funeral as Frank
- 2010 – I Love You Too as Charlie
- 2010 – The Last Rites of Ransom Pride as Dwarf
- 2010 – Pete Smalls Is Dead as K.C. Munk as Saint John of Las Vegas
- 2009 – Mr. Townsend asHue Rhodes
- 2008 – The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian as Trumpkin
- 2007 – Ascension Day as Brantly
- 2007 – Death at a Funeral as Peter
- 2007 – Underdog as Simon Bar Sinister
- 2006 – The Limbo Room as Dusty Spitz
- 2006- Find Me Guilty as Ben Klandis
- 2006 – Little Fugitive as Sam Norton
- 2006 – Penelope as Lemon
- 2005 – The Baxter as Benson Hedges
- 2005 – Escape Artists as Mr. Duff
- 2005 – Lassie as Rowlie
- 2005 – Fortunes as Mike Kirkwood
- 2004 – 89 Seconds at Alcázar as Mari Babola
- 2004 – Jail Bait as Lindo
- 2004 – Surviving Eden as Sterno
- 2003 – The Station Agent as Finbar McBride
- 2003 – Tiptoes as Maurice
- 2003 – Elf as Miles Finch
- 2002 – 13 Moons as Binky
- 2002 – Just a Kiss as Dink
- 2001 – Never Again as Harry Appleton
- 2001 – Human Nature as Frank
- 1999 – Pigeonholed as Roy
- 1998 – Safe Men as Leflore
- 1996 – Bullet as Building Manager
- 1995 – Living in Oblivion as Tito
Peter Dinklage Movies And Tv Shows
- 2018 – My Dinner with Hervé as Hervé Villechaize
- 2017 – The David S. Pumpkins Animated Halloween Special as Narrator/Adult Kevin (voice)
- 2016 – Saturday Night Live – Himself (host)
- 2013 – Saturday Night Live as Peter Drunklage
- 2013 – Sesame Street as Simon
- 2011–present – Game of Thrones as Tyrion Lannister
- 2009 – 30 Rock as Stewart
- 2006 – Ultra
- 2006 – P.O.V. – Himself
- 2006 – Nip/Tuck as Marlowe Sawyer
- 2005 – Life As We Know It as Dr. Belber
- 2005 – Entourage – Himself
- 2005 – Testing Bob as Robinson “Bob” Hart
- 2005 – Celebrity Poker Showdown – Himself
- 2005–2006 – Threshold as Arthur Ramsey
- 2004 – I’m with Her as Elliot Rosen
- 2004 – P.O.V. as Narrator
- 2002 – Third Watch as Drug Dealer
- 2001 – Oz as Murder Victim
- 2001 – The $treet as Little Person
Peter Dinklage Game Of Thrones
Peter has portrayed Tyrion Lannister in HBO’s fantasy drama Game of Thrones since 2011. The drama is an adaptation of author George R. R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire novels. It takes place on the fictional continents of Westeros and Essos and chronicles the power struggles among noble families as they fight for control of the Iron Throne of the Seven Kingdoms. Tyrion is a member of House Lannister, one of the wealthiest and most powerful families in Westeros, and uses his status as a Lannister to mitigate the impact of the marginalization and derision he has received all of his life.
Peter Dinklage Narnia
Peter played Trumpkin in the 2008 film The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. It was a box office disappointment, with global revenues of $419.7 million, and film critic Bill Gibron described Peter’s role as a “cutesy stereotype he has tried to avoid.”
Peter Dinklage Elf
Peter appeared in the Christmas comedy film Elf as Miles Finch, an irritable children’s author who beats up Buddy Hobbs (Will Ferrell) after he mistakes him for an elf.
Peter Dinklage X Men
In 2014 he played the villain Bolivar Trask in the superhero film X-Men: Days of Future Past. This movie was the sixth highest-grossing film of 2014 with global revenues of $747.9 million. In preparation for his role, Peter stated that he did not want to approach the character necessarily as a villain, saying that Trask “actually sees what he’s doing as a good thing.”
Peter Dinklage Emmy | Peter Dinklage Awards
On September 22, 2019 at the 71st Primetime Emmy Awards, Game of Thrones star Peter Dinklage took home his fourth and final Emmy for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series, for his turn as Tyrion Lannister in HBO’s blockbuster series. Tonight’s victory gives Dinklage the record for the most wins ever in this category—a distinction previously held by Breaking Bad‘s Aaron Paul.
Martin Henderson Peter Dinklage
Martin Henderson is an aspiring actor who was thrown to the ground by an assailant outside a bar in England, according to the Daily Telegraph. The assault, allegedly inspired by a “dwarf tossing” competition, left Henderson with a fractured arm and issues with standing, he told the Telegraph. He may be permanently confined to a wheelchair.
Both Peter and Henderson were born with achondroplasia, a disorder that causes dwarfism.
Peter Dinklage New Movie
The Croods 2 Films that have not yet been released – 2020
The Angry Birds Movie 2 Films that have not yet been released- 2019
I Think We’re Alone – 2018
Avengers: Infinity War- 2018
Tyrion Lannister Peter Dinklage
Peter hinted at the fate of his character Tyrion Lannister. And he seems to be just as emotional as you about the whole thing. “It ends beautifully for my character,”Dinklage told Entertainment Tonight (ET). “Whether it be tragic or not.”
Peter Dinklage Death At A Funeral
In 2007 Peter appeared in 2007 British comedy film Death at a Funeral, repeating the role in the 2010 American remake; the films tell the story of a family trying to deal with a variety of issues after the death of their father
Peter Dinklage Quotes
- I spend my nights just sitting and reading a book and drinking my tea and walking my dog.
- That’s about as exciting as my life gets.
- I guess the word to call me is my name, Pete.
- I think if actors are successful at one thing, they paint themselves into a corner sometimes, and what’s the fun in that?
- It is hard working with animals, I’ve got to say.
- I should call people back more readily. I’m not the best friend sometimes in terms of that. I do follow that white balloon and get distracted a lot.
- When people are infected by my charm, they don’t see my size. My piercing deep blue eyes are distracting.
Peter Dinklage Pixels
n 2015, Dinklage starred in the science fiction comedy film Pixels as a former arcade champion named Eddie Plant, which was poorly received by critics. The movie had a global revenues of $244.9 million