Scott Reiff Biography, Age, Wife, Helicopter Pilot,7 HD, KABC AM Radio And Net Worth

Last Updated on 2 months by General

Scott Reiff Biography

Scott Reiff is the American  morning Air 7 HD helicopter pilot and reporter. Scott moved to Los Angeles to take a position as a pilot for KABC AM Radio in 1984 .  He accepted a position with California Federal Savings and Loan as a corporate pilot, flying both helicopters and a corporate jet in 1987.

Scott Reiff Age

Scott was born in Escondido, California he has not revealed his year, month and date of birth.  However his exact  age is still unknown though his age seems to be around 43 years.

Scott Reiff Married |Scott Reiff Wife

Scott is a secretive person when it comes to his personal life.  He has never given any information regarding him being married, engaged or dating. Currently it is not clear if he is married or single. Scott was born and raised in Escondido, California. He graduated from San Diego State University with a business/finance degree.

Scott Reiff Helicopter Pilot |Scott Reiff Skylord

Scott is the morning Air 7 HD helicopter pilot and reporter.

He began his first helicopter business in 1981, giving rides under the Coronado Bridge in a Bell 47 Helicopter.
Scott moved to Los Angeles to take a position as a pilot for KABC AM Radio in 1984.  He accepted a position with California Federal Savings and Loan as a corporate pilot, flying both helicopters and a corporate jet in 1987.   He then worked as the pilot and reporter for KLOS-FM with the Mark and Brian Show, where he was dubbed the “Sky Lord.” He continues that assignment in addition to his work with ABC7. Scott’s 20 years of flying experience in Los Angeles has allowed Scott extensive knowledge not only of Los Angeles, but also the surrounding area.

Scott Reiff Net Worth

Scott has not yet disclosed his estimated net worth.

Scott Reiff lifesaving flight

At first glance, the Olympic sport of curling may not seem like a dangerous sport, but there is definite risk involved. Unfortunately Scott Reiff who was at that time 42 years learned this the hard way.

He was on a fun weekend getaway in Lake Tahoe, California, taking a curling lesson with a member of the Israeli Olympic. However, Scott’s vacation plans were dashed when he slipped and hit his head hard on the ice.

In the ER, doctors ordered a CT scan of his skull, which showed he’d suffered a cerebral contusion with bleeding in his brain. Scott’s internal injuries were potentially life-threatening if not treated quickly with proper care.

His doctor had valid concerns about brain swelling, so he requested Scott be taken to a higher level of care via helicopter. The crew at CALSTAR-6 in South Lake Tahoe received the call.

After touching down, Flight Nurses Beth Frisby and Jason Cronk quickly unloaded their equipment from the aircraft and headed inside to prepare him for transport. “With a patient who has a head injury, their condition can change very quickly,” said Jason. “It depends on the degree of the injury, of course; but they can decline over the course of just a few minutes or hours.”

It wasn’t long before Mark was safely touching the aircraft down at CALSTAR headquarters in Sacramento. There, the crew rendezvoused with a ground ambulance that transported them over to Kaiser Hospital. After Jason and Beth helped Scott settle into his new room, doctors decided he would need to stay for a few days for observation.

“I had the foggiest brain,” said Scott. “But I knew I was in excellent care based on the quick response from the ER doctors and the CALSTAR flight crew, let alone the kindness of the curling instructors.”

Finally, Scott was released to go home. Luckily, for him, there was no major damage done to his brain, and the only lasting effect from his head injury was the loss of his sense of smell.

“I ended up going back to Tahoe in September and I took a helicopter ride around the lake, which was for pleasure this time and not urgent care,” laughed Scott. “After we landed, I walked over to the CALSTAR base and caught up with Scott and Beth.”

“We don’t normally receive updates on how our patients are doing after transport,” said Jason. “We see people at their very worst. So, when we do hear or see that things have turned around and are now going well for them – that’s a really great feeling.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *