Last Updated on 1 week by General
Skylar Astin Biography
Skylar Astin is an American actor, model and singer. He rose to fame for portraying Jesse Swanson in the musical films Pitch Perfect (2012) and Pitch Perfect 2 (2015). Skylar also appeared in the original cast of the Broadway musical Spring Awakening.
Skylar has since appeared in films such as Hamlet 2 (2008), Taking Woodstock (2009), Cavemen (2013), and 21 & Over (2013).
Skylar Astin Age
Skylar was born on September 23, 1987 in New York City. He is 32 years old as of 2019.
Skylar Astin Height
Skylar stands at a height of 1.78 m.
Skylar Astin Family
Skylar was born in New York City. He is the son of Meryl and Barry Lipstein, a garment industry executive. He was brought up in New City, New York, in Rockland County. He has three siblings a sister, Brielle, and two brothers, Milan and Jace. He is Jewish.
He graduated from Clarkstown High School North. He then went to Stagedoor Manor performing arts summer camp. Skylar was also a student at the Tisch School of the Arts at New York University, but he took a leave of absence when cast in Spring Awakening. His middle name Astin was selected by agent as his stage name when he was 15 years old.
Anna Camp And Skylar Astin | Skylar Astin Wife |Anna Camp And Skylar Astin Wedding | Skylar Astin Divorce
He began dating Pitch Perfect co-star Anna Camp in 2013. The couple met on the set of the 2012 movie, but were just friends at first. They got engaged in January 2016 and married on September 10, 2016. Anna and Skylar then celebrated by going on a honeymoon in Europe. On April 19, 2019, the couple announced that they are filing for divorce. As of late-August 2019, the divorce was finalized.
Skylar Astin Girlfriend
Skylar has joined the leagues of celebrities using Raya. A source told Us Weekly that the Crazy Ex-Girlfriend actor has been using the members-only dating app during his ongoing divorce from wife Anna Camp.
Skylar Astin Movies
- 2019 – Hot Air as Gareth Whitely
- 2017 – Speech & Debate as Walter Healy
- 2017 – Ghosts of War as Eugene
- 2016 – Monkey Up as Monty (voice)
- 2016 – Flock of Dudes as David
- 2015 – Pitch Perfect 2 as Jesse Swanson
- 2014 – Cavemen as Dean Parker
- 2014 – The Oven as Owen Miller
- 2013 – 21 & Over as Casey Altman
- 2012 – Love Written in Blood as Henderson
- 2012 – Pitch Perfect as Jesse Swanson
- 2012 – Wreck-It Ralph as Roy (voice)
- 2009 – Taking Woodstock as John P. Roberts
- 2008 – Hamlet 2 as Rand Posin
Skylar Astin Tv Shows
- 2019 – Vampirina as Frankenstein (voice)
- 2018 – Trolls: The Beat Goes On! as Branch (voice)
- 2018-2019 – Crazy Ex-Girlfriend as Greg Serrano
- 2016–2017 – Graves as Isaiah Miller
- 2015 – Halt and Catch Fire as Jessie Evans
- 2015 – Comedy Bang! Bang! – Himself
- 2014 – Glee as Jean Baptiste
- 2013–2015 – Ground Floor as Brody Moyer
- 2012 – Girls as Matt Kornstein
- 2012 – House as Derrick
- 2011 – Love Bites as Ben
- 2010 – Strange Brew as Kyle Forrest
- 2009 – Ace in the Hole as Todd Morella
Skylar Astin Pitch Perfect
Skyler found his breakthrough starring in the comedy film Pitch Perfect (2012) in 2012, as Jesse Swanson, and reprised the role in the 2015 sequel Pitch Perfect 2. He also starred in the comedy film 21 and Over (2013) as Casey.
Skylar Astin Spring Awakening
Skylar’s first professional role was a minor role in the original Off-Broadway and Broadway casts Spring Awakening as Georg, a male student with a crush on his piano teacher. He had short solos in a number of songs, but the character is noted for his belting in the song Touch Me.
When he was running as Georg, he filmed the role Rand Posin in the movie Hamlet 2. Skylar sang “Raped in the Face” on the soundtrack with Phoebe Strole, a Spring Awakening castmate, and his co-star in the film, and the film’s star, Steve Coogan. Screenings of the film at the 2008 Sundance Film Festival led to Skylar signing on with United Talent Agency.
Skylar Astin Net Worth
Skylar who is an actor and singer has an estimated net worth of $1 million dollars. Skylar and his ex wife listed their home in the Los Feliz neighborhood of Los Angeles for $2.6 million. They had purchased the 1923 Spanish-style abode for $1.98 million, four months before their September 2016 wedding.