Last Updated on 2 months by General
Val Kilmer Biography
Val Kilmer (Val Edward Kilmer) is an American actor. Initially he was a stage actor. He became popular in the mid-1980s after a string of appearances in comedy films, starting with Top Secret! (1984),followed by the cult classic Real Genius (1985), as well as the military action film Top Gun (1986), the fantasy film Willow (1988), and Doc Holliday in Tombstone (1993).
Val’s other notable film roles include Jim Morrison in The Doors (1991), “Mentor” Elvis Presley in True Romance (1993), armed robber Chris Shiherlis in Heat (1995), Bruce Wayne / Batman in Batman Forever (1995), Simon Templar in The Saint (1997), and Moses in The Prince of Egypt (1998).
Val Kilmer Age | How Old Is Val Kilmer
Val was born on December 31, 1959 in Los Angeles USA.
Val Kilmer Height And Weight | How Tall Is Val Kilmer
Val stands at a height of 1.82 m.
Val Kilmer Family | Val Kilmer Young
Val was born in Los Angeles. He is the son of Gladys Swanette (née Ekstadt) and Eugene Dorris Kilmer, an aerospace equipment distributor and real estate developer. Val’s mother was of Swedish descent. His father’s ancestry included English, Scots-Irish, French and German. When he was 8 years his parents divorced in 1968. His grandfather was a gold miner in New Mexico, near the border with Arizona. Val’s younger brother Wesley drowned in a swimming pool at age 15 in 1977 ; their father died in 1993.
Val Kilmer Education
Val went to Berkeley Hall School, a Christian Science school in Los Angeles, until ninth grade. He went to Chatsworth High School with Kevin Spacey and Mare Winningham, and also attended the Hollywood Professional School.Val became the youngest person at the time to be accepted into the Juilliard School’s Drama Division, where he was a member of Group 10.
Val Kilmer Wife | Val Kilmer Children | Val Kilmer Daughter | Val Kilmer Son
He was married to actress Joanne Whalley from March 1988 to February 1996. They met while working together on the film Willow. They had two children: a daughter, Mercedes who was born on October 29, 1991, and a son, Jack who was born on June 6, 1995.
Val Kilmer Girlfriend | Is Val Kilmer Married
Val is currently single.
Val Kilmer Health | Val Kilmer Death | What Happened To Val Kilmer | Val Kilmer Sick | Val Kilmer Today | Val Kilmer Cancer
Val is still alive. He was hospitalized in January 2015 for what his representative said were tests for what could be a possible tumor. He said on social media, “I have not had a tumor, or a tumor operations [sic], or any operation. I had a complication where the best way to receive care was to stay under the watchful eye of the UCLA ICU.” Previously after denying persistent rumors that he had been diagnosed with cancer, he said in April 2017 that he had a “healing of cancer”. In a profile for The Hollywood Reporter, it was revealed that Val had a “two-year battle with throat cancer…and a procedure on his trachea has reduced his voice to a rasp and rendered him short of breath.”
Val Kilmer Fat | Val Kilmer Weight
Val who was to repeat his role as hotshot fighter pilot Iceman opposite Tom Cruise in the Top Gun sequel, in production he looked at the exaggerated version of himself — with a wide face, chubby cheeks, shoulder-length hair, and a smoke in hand — and replied, “But I don’t smoke and I am no longer fat…
Val Kilmer Net Worth
Val has an estimated net worth of $25 million.
Val Kilmer Willow
Following roles in the television films The Murders in the Rue Morgue and The Man Who Broke 1,000 Chains, Val played Madmartigan in the fantasy Willow. He met his future wife, co-star Joanne Whalley, on the film’s set.
The Saint Val Kilmer
He played Simon Templar in the popular action film, The Saint in 1997. He looked forward to the title role as a change toward a more fun, less serious action thriller, while enjoying the “master of disguise” chameleon characters like a mad artist, a nerdy British scientist, a cleaner, and a Russian mob boss.Val also wrote the poetry in the film. For the movie he received a salary of $6 million . The Saint was a financial success, grossing $169.4 million worldwide.
Val KilmerFilms | Val Kilmer Movies | Val Kilmer Filmography
Films From Year 2010 to 2020
- 2020 – Top Gun: Maverick as Tom “Iceman” Kazansky
- 2018 – 1st Born as Biden
- 2017 – Song to Song as Duane
- 2017 – The Snowman as Gert Rafto
- 2017 – The Super as Walter
- 2014 – Tom Sawyer & Huckleberry Finn as Mark Twain
- 2013 – Planes as Bravo
- 2013 – Standing Up as Hofstadder
- 2013 – Palo Alto as Stewart
- 2012 – Riddle as Sheriff Richards
- 2012 – Seven Below as McCormick
- 2012 – Wyatt Earp’s Revenge as Wyatt Earp
- 2012 – The Fourth Dimension as Hector
- 2012 – Breathless as Dale
- 2011 – Kill the Irishman as Joe Manditski
- 2011 – Blood Out as Arturo
- 2011 – 5 Days of War as Dutch journalist
- 2011 – Twixt as Hall Baltimore
- 2010 – The Traveler as The Stranger / Mr. Nobody
- 2010 – Bloodworth as Warren Bloodworth
- 2010 – MacGruber as Dieter Von Cunth
- 2010 – Gun as Angel
Films From Year 2000 to 2009
- 2009 – The Chaos Experiment as James Pettis
- 2009 – Streets of Blood as Detective Andy Devereaux
- 2009 – American Cowslip as Todd Inglebrink
- 2009 – The Thaw as Dr. David Kruipen
- 2009 – Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans as Det. Stevie Pruit
- 2009 – Hardwired as Virgil
- 2009 – Double Identity as Dr. Nicholas Pinter
- 2008 – Conspiracy as MacPherson
- 2008 – Felon as John Smith
- 2008 – Delgo as Bogardus
- 2008 – 2:22 as Maz
- 2008 – Columbus Day as John
- 2008 – The Love Guru – Himself
- 2007 – Have Dreams, Will Travel as Henderson
- 2006 – Summer Love as The wanted man
- 2006 – Moscow Zero as Andrey
- 2006 – 10th & Wolf as Murtha
- 2006 – Played as Dillon
- 2006 – Déjà Vu as Agent Andrew Pryzwarra
- 2006 – The Ten Commandments: The Musical as Moses
- 2005 – Mindhunters as Jake Harris
- 2005 – Kiss Kiss Bang Bang as Perry Van Shrike / “Gay Perry”
- 2004 – Spartan as Robert Scott
- 2004 – Stateside as Staff Sergeant Skeer
- 2004 – Alexander as Philip II of Macedon
- 2004 – George and the Dragon as El Cabillo
- 2003 – Wonderland as John Holmes
- 2003 – The Missing as Lt. Jim Ducharme
- 2003 – Blind Horizon as Frank Kavanaugh
- 2003 – Masked and Anonymous as Animal Wrangler
- 2002 – The Salton Sea as Danny Parker / Tom Van Allen
- 2002 – Hard Cash as FBI Agent Mark C. Cornell
- 2000 – Pollock as Willem de Kooning
- 2000 – Red Planet as Robby Gallagher
Films From Year 1984 to 1999
- 1999 – At First Sight as Virgil “Virg” Adamson
- 1999 – Joe the King asBob Henry
- 1998 – The Prince of Egypt as Moses/God
- 1997 – The Saint as Simon Templar
- 1996 – The Island of Dr Moreau as Montgomery
- 1996 – The Ghost and the Darkness as Col. John Henry Patterson
- 1996 – Dead Girl as Dr. Dark
- 1995 – Batman Forever as Bruce Wayne / Batman
- 1995 – Heat as Chris Shiherlis
- 1995 – Wings of Courage as Jean Mermoz
- 1993 – The Real McCoy as JT Barker
- 1993 – Tombstone as Doc Holliday
- 1993 – True Romance as Elvis Presley
- 1992 – Thunderheart as Ray Levoi
- 1991 – The Doors as Jim Morrison
- 1989 – Kill Me Again as Jack Andrews
- 1988 – Willow as Madmartigan
- 1986 – Top Gun as Lt. Tom “Iceman” Kazansky
- 1985 – Real Genius as Chris Knight
- 1984 – Top Secret! as Nick Rivers
Val Kilmer Elbow
Val Kilmer has an odd growth on his left elbow that is quite well seen in the film Heat, he broke his arm while filming The Doors when he performed a jump from the stage into the crowd but the stuntman failed to catch him.
Val Kilmer The Doors
After several delays, director Oliver Stone finally began production on the film The Doors. The film based on the band of the same name. Val spoke with Oliver Stone early on, concerned about what he might want to do with the story because he didn’t believe in or want to promote substance abuse.
He saw Morrison as having picked the wrong heroes, who had different issues, that were not part of the creativity or inspiration. He also saw Morrison’s story as one that could be told “a thousand different ways” and didn’t want to tell it by playing the role in the style of drugs, with which Oliver Stone agreed.
He memorized the lyrics to all of lead singer Jim Morrison’s songs prior to his audition, and sent a video of himself performing some Doors songs to director Stone. However Stone was not impressed with the tape, but Paul Rothchild (the original producer of The Doors) said “I was shaken by it” and suggested they record Val in the studio. After Kilmer was cast as Morrison, he prepared for the role by attending Doors tribute concerts and reading Morrison’s poetry.
Val Kilmer 2017
Val appeared in Song to Song in 2017,opposite Rooney Mara and Ryan Gosling and directed by Terrence Malick. He also appeared in the 2017 film,The Snowman opposite Michael Fassbender and Rebecca Ferguson and directed by Tomas Alfredson.
It was confirmed on June 7, 2018 Val would be reprising his role as Lt. Tom “Iceman” Kazanski for the upcoming Top Gun sequel Top Gun: Maverick.
Val Kilmer Batman
Batman Forever director Joel Schumacher in December 1993 he had seen Tombstone and was most impressed with Kilmer’s performance as Doc Holliday. He felt that Val to be perfect for the role of Batman, though at the time, the role was still Michael Keaton’s.
Keaton in July 1994 he decided not to return for a third Batman film after 1992’s Batman Returns, due to “creative differences”. William Baldwin who previously worked with Schumacher on Flatliners was reported to be a top contender, though just days after Keaton dropped out,Val was cast. He took the role without even knowing who the new director was and without reading the script.
Batman Forever was released in June 1995. It was a success at the box office, despite receiving mixed reviews from critics. There was debate about Val’sperformance: some critics, like The New York Times’ Janet Maslin, thought Kilmer was a poor successor to Keaton in the part; while others, such as Roger Ebert, had kind words for him.
Bob Kane Batman creator said in a Cinescape interview that of all the actors to have played Batman up to that point, he felt Val had given the best interpretation. Leonard Maltin film critic who criticized the dark tone contained in Batman Returns complimented val’s portrayal when he reviewed the film for his expanding collection of film reviews.
Batman Forever defenders praised the film for portraying Batman as a more heroic, less ruthless, and more human character than in the Tim Burton films. This film also brought the film interpretation of Bruce Wayne more into line with his comic book counterpart, showing him as a socialite and a very public figure rather than the neurotic recluse of the previous films.
Val in February 1996 he decided not to return for another Batman feature film, feeling that Batman was being marginalized in favor of the villains. and because of their scheduling problems with The Saint. Val was replaced by George Clooney as Batman in 1997’s Batman & Robin. There were also reports that Val had not had a good working relationship with Schumacher, as another reason for not reprising the role.
Val Kilmer Michael Douglas
In 1996, Val starred alongside Michael Douglas in the thriller The Ghost and the Darkness.