Last Updated on 5 months by General
What was the Moral Money Summit Americas 2023 about?
This was a Gathering of Leaders to Discuss the Future of Sustainable Finance
The Moral Money Summit Americas 2023 was was a Gathering of Leaders to Discuss the Future of Sustainable Finance who met in a two-day event held on September 8-9, 2023, in New York City. The summit brought together leading investors, corporates, and policymakers to discuss the intersection of finance and morality in the Americas.
The Moral Money Summit Americas 2023 Key Topics
Some of the key topics discussed at the summit included:
The role of the private sector in tackling climate change
- Navigating fiduciary duties and continuing to implement practices promoting sustainability and social equity
- The business case for ESG: How can CEOs create value for investors and society?
- Planning for a more equitable and sustainable New York City
- Powering the change: Can Latin America lead the charge towards a net zero energy system?
The Moral Money Summit Americas 2023 Keynote Speaker
The summit also featured a keynote interview with New York City Mayor Eric Adams, who discussed his plans for making the city more sustainable and equitable.
The Moral Money Summit Americas 2023 Key Takeaways
Some of the key takeaways from the summit included:
- Investors are increasingly demanding more transparency and accountability from companies on their ESG performance.
- Companies are facing pressure to demonstrate progress on their climate, governance, and societal goals.
- Policymakers are playing an increasingly important role in shaping the ESG agenda.
- There is a growing consensus that the private sector has a key role to play in addressing the ESG challenges facing the world.
The Moral Money Summit Americas 2023 was a timely and important event, as the ESG agenda is under increasing scrutiny in the Americas. The summit provided a platform for leaders from across the financial system to discuss how to make progress towards a more sustainable, equitable, and inclusive economy.